Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Ognjen Blagojevic <og...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/26 12:12:46 UTC

Broken links

Hi,

I noticed several broken links in Tomcat 7.0 trunk.

1. On page: http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/proxy-howto.html

2. On page: http://localhost:8080/docs/

3. On page: http://localhost:8080/examples/jsp/jsptoserv/jts.html

All of them are visible in default Tomcat installation docs and examples
contexts, while the first one is also visible on Tomcat website.

Regards,
Ognjen

Re: Broken links

Posted by Ognjen Blagojevic <og...@gmail.com>.
Konstantin,

On 26.9.2013 15:00, Konstantin Preißer wrote:
> I have fixed 1) and 2) in trunk and tc7.0.x.

Thank you.

> When looking at 3) and browsing in SVN history, it seems there never was such a HTML page that contains the source for servletToJsp.java. However, as I'm working on improving the HTML markup, I'm looking if we can get rid of those static HTML pages that duplicate the source code of other files (with adding syntax highlighting using legacy <font> elements etc.), and use a programmatic solution to generate source code with syntax highlighting instead.

Yes, it seems that jts.html wass added 26. may 2006, r410080, together
with jsptoservlet.jsp, but servletToJsp.java.html was, and still is,
missing.

ServletToJsp.java was commited so I guess that should be converted to
.java.html, somehow.

-Ognjen

RE: Broken links

Posted by Konstantin Preißer <kp...@apache.org>.
Hi Ognjen,

Thanks for reporting these.

I have fixed 1) and 2) in trunk and tc7.0.x.

When looking at 3) and browsing in SVN history, it seems there never was such a HTML page that contains the source for servletToJsp.java. However, as I'm working on improving the HTML markup, I'm looking if we can get rid of those static HTML pages that duplicate the source code of other files (with adding syntax highlighting using legacy <font> elements etc.), and use a programmatic solution to generate source code with syntax highlighting instead.

Regards,
Konstantin Preißer