Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Stuart Watson <St...@unep-wcmc.org> on 2012/02/09 14:34:05 UTC

Problem with couchdb-load

Hi

I created a backup of our chef server db by doing

couchdb-dump http://127.0.0.1:5984/chef |gzip -9c > /tmp/chef.`date +%F`.couchdb.gz

I'm now trying to restore it by doing

couchdb-load <name of backup> but nothing appears to happen after I press enter.  It's been running for about 3 hours so far.

Stuart

________________________________
UNEP-WCMC - serving the biodiversity community for 30 years.

** Confidentiality Statement and Disclaimer **

This e-mail, together with any attachments, may contain confidential information and/or copyright material. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of UNEP-WCMC. It is intended only for the person named above. Any copying, distribution, dissemination, disclosure or use of this message or its contents unless authorised by us is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately.

You should understand and accept that email communication with UNEP-WCMC is not a totally secure communications medium. Although we have taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and attachments are free from any virus, we cannot guarantee that they are virus free. We do not, to the extent permitted by law, accept any liability (whether in contract, negligence or otherwise) for any virus infection and/or external compromise of security and/or breach of confidentiality in relation to transmissions sent by e-mail. Thank you.

Re: Problem with couchdb-load

Posted by Alexander Shorin <kx...@gmail.com>.
Hi again(:

1. You didn't replied me at couchdb-python mailing list(:

2. Assuming you're running in shell next command:
~ $ couchdb-load /tmp/chef.2012-02-12.couchdb.gz
This is invalid command due to:
- you have to specify database url as argument
- you have to specify dump as --input=FILE option
- you have not to pass gzipped dump because couchdb-load doesn't
handles gzipped files, only raw dumped sources (mime multipart
formatted)

3. Waiting for 3 hours for getting no result looks like issue in
command line arguments handling, so you better to make a little
research or problem and create issue[1] to let me not forget about it
on next week when I'll have a lot of time to handle various problems(:

Thanks!

[1] http://code.google.com/p/couchdb-python/issues/list

--