Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Tomas Havelka <To...@berit.cz> on 2009/04/24 09:13:22 UTC

Trinidad 1.0.x

Hi All,

I have one simple question:
"What fate takes the branch of 1.0.x version? Is still alive or dead at
all?"
Version 1.2.x is alive till it was made a main trunk of project, but 1.0.x
seems dead for me. I need to use the 1.0.x version of Trinidad to be able to
deploy applications into J2EE 1.4 environment servers.

Tom

Re: Trinidad 1.0.x

Posted by Scott O'Bryan <da...@gmail.com>.
Thomas, the latest Trinidad 1.0.x branch is still avaialble.  It's been
tagged.  Although it's still supported it's no longer under active
development.  If you need access to the trunk, it's in the svn branches
and code can be modified/updated in that branch.

I don't think we're opposed to future releases, but active development
has pretty much ceased in that branch so I imagine that releases will be
few and far between.

Scott

Re: Trinidad 1.0.x

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 9:13 AM, Tomas Havelka <To...@berit.cz> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have one simple question:
> "What fate takes the branch of 1.0.x version? Is still alive or dead at
> all?"
> Version 1.2.x is alive till it was made a main trunk of project, but 1.0.x
> seems dead for me. I need to use the 1.0.x version of Trinidad to be able to
> deploy applications into J2EE 1.4 environment servers.

a while ago, we agreed on a roadmap.
Trinidad 1.2.x will get new features, like adding the tree traversal from
JSF 2.0 into Trinidad API etc.

Trinidad is not dead. There will be some maintenance releases, but not
that frequently
as the Trinidad 1.2.x releases

See:
-http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@myfaces.apache.org/msg35908.html
-http://www.mail-archive.com/users@myfaces.apache.org/msg52913.html

Also, if you have some bugs etc feel free to work on a patch. There will be
a release of Trinidad 1.0.10 soon...

-Matthias

> Tom

Matthias Wessendorf