Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Jon Skeet <jo...@peramon.com> on 2001/08/30 14:29:41 UTC

Disabling priority

Hi,

I've recently switched over to Log4j, and I'm currently missing one
thing. There seems to be no pseudo-priority for "none", eg:

log4j.rootCategory=DEBUG, MyAppender
log4j.category.Do.Not.Log.Anything=NONE

to make sure that *nothing* gets logged for the Do.Not.Log.Anything
category, even though everything gets logged for all other categories.

True, there are relatively few uses for it, but I could see it being
useful in a few situations, and seems to be something relatively trivial
to include.

I've read about the log4j.disabled flag, but as far as I understand it,
that's global - I want to be able to do this on a per-category (or
per-appender-threshold) basis.

I realise I could define my own priority, but I'm just slightly
surprised that I need to (should I ever wish to do this).

Am I missing something?

Jon