Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Christophe Cordenier <ch...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/29 18:51:24 UTC

Documentation : News feed

How many news do we expect to see on the front page ?
https://cwiki.apache.org/TAPESTRY/index.html

I guess it will be more that one, i think we should move to a two
column CSS design for the content part, if so, then what's the best
way to achieve liquid or fixed size ?

Christophe Cordenier.

Committer on Apache Tapestry 5
Co-creator of wooki @wookicentral.com

Re: Documentation : News feed

Posted by Katia Aresti Gonzalez <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Just to give my personal opinion about Uli's idea proposing to display blog
entries : I totally agree with him. I think that it will be very nice to
show on the front page a dynamic little RSS  box with Tapestry blog entries.
I mean to say not only Howard's blog, but, for example, Igor's blog as well
which is very interesting, rich in contents, nice and very well written and
Tapestry focused. This makes com and shows active movement.

And despite Howard's decision about dropping out from twitter (come back
please !!! :D ), I think it will be nice too have an account to twit about
tapestry - not only builds. A lot of people use twitter, and this makes a
lot of buzzzz ... Tapestry has a lack of publicity (at least, for example,
in France)

Katia

Re: Documentation : News feed

Posted by Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de>.
It should be doable with some kind of javascript rss reader. I'll do some research.

Re: Documentation : News feed

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
It's true.  I wonder if we could get an RSS feed from my blogger.com
site that matches a specific tag for republishing on the Tapestry
site?

Basically, I don't want to dilute my "brand" by splitting away from blogger.com.

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 1:52 PM, Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de> wrote:
> Howard, you often blog about how to do certain things with tapestry and also about some new features you introduced. Wouldn't it be nice to have those kind of things on the main tapestry site as well?
>
> Am 29.09.2010 um 19:28 schrieb Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>:
>
>> I think the number of postings will be limited; it's just about
>> releases and major events (new committers and such).  I'd say 5 - 10
>> with a history of, say, six months to a year.
>>
>> On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 9:51 AM, Christophe Cordenier
>> <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> How many news do we expect to see on the front page ?
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/TAPESTRY/index.html
>>>
>>> I guess it will be more that one, i think we should move to a two
>>> column CSS design for the content part, if so, then what's the best
>>> way to achieve liquid or fixed size ?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>> Christophe Cordenier.