Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM> on 2006/03/17 16:46:28 UTC

Upgrade testing

Can someone point me at a primer which describes how developers test
soft and hard upgrade? There is some customer-oriented discussion of
upgrade in the Developer's Guide and on the Wiki (at
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/UpgradingTen). But I can't find any
pointers on the testing web page (java/testing/README.htm).

Also, I am hearing rumors that the upgrade tests are, in fact, broken
right now. Can someone summarize what the problems are?

Thanks,
-Rick

Re: Upgrade testing

Posted by "David W. Van Couvering" <Da...@Sun.COM>.
Thanks, Kathey.  I agree it's crucial to verify that changes you  make
don't impact upgrade, and that this should be part of derbyall.  I think
it's great Deepa is doing this work.

I will try to look at and review the patch, although this is not my area
of expertise.

David

Re: Upgrade testing

Posted by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net>.