Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Ramakanth <ra...@softprojex.com> on 2003/06/10 17:12:58 UTC

urgent -reply

Hi,

I am facing a problem with tomcat 4.1.18 and HttpSessionBindingListener's valueUnbound() method.

I am using an object which implements HttpSessionBindingListener. This object is kept in session. On session timeout, the object gets unbind from the session and hence the method valueUnbound should get called. But surprisingly, sometimes it is not getting called. Is it a bug in 4.1.18 or anything is missed here? please let me know your suggestion or experience regarding this.

Thanks & Regards,

ramakanth

[5.0] JARs handling, and other 5.0.3 changes

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
Hi,

I plan to try to get rid (as much as I can) of JAR URLs inside the
Catalina (and Jasper) processing, because of the issues which (still,
unfortunately :-( ) plague them in the JDK. I will use the fact that all
the JAR URLs returned by the classloader are actually file based. I hope
that way I'll be able to get rid of the file locking issues on Windows.

Similarly:
- the servlet context will be modified to return file URLs for JARs (but
only for JARs) inside /WEB-INF/lib in response to getResource.
- /WEB-INF/classes/** and /WEB-INF/lib/** will be made non cacheable (as
caching classes is useless by definition).

All that as part of an effort to reduce Tomcat memory footprint (to make
it more suitable for large scale deployments), and reduce the amount of
heavyweight objects used (such as file descriptors and threads, the
latter having been taken care of).

For all those who are at J1, have a good J1 :)

Remy

Note: My deployer tweaks are almost done (without much testing), with
the exception of moving the context descriptors to conf (thanks to Glenn
for that idea, which will make the feature safer to use in TC 5).

Note 2: I intend to try to resurrect the "tester" suite when that is done.

Note 3: I plan to fix bug 4690 (finally). I have the algorithm on a
piece of paper (as I didn't like the provided patch behavior).

Note 4: When all that is done, it'll be time for 5.0.3 IMO. As far as I
am concerned, it will be mostly feature complete. Given the amount of
stuff I still have to do, I'd give it a two weeks ETA.

Re: urgent -reply

Posted by Sriram N <sr...@yahoo.com>.
Hello,

Please try using the latest stable release of Tomcat, which is 4.1.24

It is likely that such a bug might have been fixed in later releases.

If you continue to face the same problem with 4.1.24, then reporting it would
be more helpful.

-- Sriram