Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by ne...@DiabAnalyst.de on 2003/07/09 13:50:16 UTC

Edit XML-Files with Cocoon

Hi,

I'm using cocoon version 2.0.4

I have a single XML-document which I want to edit via my
webbrowser.
So I need some help showing some forms to edit/add/delete nodes
and attributes of my XML-document.
The second thing I need to know is how to configure cocoon to execute commands
like editing/adding/deleting some XML-nodes.

Can anybody give me some hints or links for some tutorials concerning this theme?

I've read a lot and it seems to me that there are many different ways to do so
(I would prefere a very simple and handy one) - but
I don't really know which solution I should choose.
An important fact is that it has to work with cocoon 2.0.4.

regrads
jm

Re: Edit XML-Files with Cocoon

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@apache.org>.
newsletter@DiabAnalyst.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using cocoon version 2.0.4
>
> I have a single XML-document which I want to edit via my
> webbrowser.
> So I need some help showing some forms to edit/add/delete nodes
> and attributes of my XML-document.
> The second thing I need to know is how to configure cocoon to execute commands
> like editing/adding/deleting some XML-nodes.
>
> Can anybody give me some hints or links for some tutorials concerning this theme?

Within Lenya you have Xopus and Bitflux Editor integrated. The
"unipublic" publication is demostrating both of them:

http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya/

> I've read a lot and it seems to me that there are many different ways to do so
> (I would prefere a very simple and handy one)

well, maybe you should consider some JavaScript solution

  - but
> I don't really know which solution I should choose.
> An important fact is that it has to work with cocoon 2.0.4.

Editors such as for instance Xopus and Bitflux Editor are independent of
the Cocoon version, but Lenya depends on it. But you can certainly
extract the necessary parts out of Lenya.

HTH

Michael