Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Christian Parpart <tr...@gmx.de> on 2001/04/15 01:46:26 UTC

ARGH: Please help, Context not available, ;-(

Hi *,

after installing Tomcat/4.0 beta 4-dev I got really really very exhausted.
Everything work fine until I do not install any other virtual host to
the localhost.

<Host name="www.myhost.com">
  <Context path="" docBase="/home/myhost/public_web"/>
</Host>

When I add this to the Standalong-Engine I can read the content of this
web. But localhost doesn't work fine then. WHY???????

I tried it with the beta 3 before too and got the same error.
With previous betas I had not these problems But I wasn't able to use XSP
instead.;-((

What does this mean? (Context not available!)
The log files just telling me "Error initializing naming context". (Haeee?
wich one, why?)
Also, the access_log shouted the state 200(Ok), 502(?), 503(?).

How can I fix this???

Please, help.
Christian Parpart
trapni@gmx.de