Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Sy...@swisscom.com on 2003/03/31 09:37:49 UTC

XMLForm: how to retrieve URL parameter?

Hello,

I'm using an URL like below to access to a XMLForm application:

http://myServer:8080/myApp?id=2500

I need to retrieve this parameter (id) from within the XMLForm Action class.

The purpose is to populate the Bean with an object (id=2500) coming from the database.

What is the best solution to retrieve the URL?

Thanks
Sylvain (T)

RE: XMLForm: how to retrieve URL parameter?

Posted by Josema Alonso <jo...@simbiosystems.com>.
If i remember correctly, the Request is held in the objectModel, so in your
act method you can do:
Request request = (Request) objectModel.get(Constants.REQUEST_OBJECT);

And get the desired paramater from there.

Best.