Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Joe Baldwin <jf...@earthlink.net> on 2014/08/15 22:09:29 UTC

Version Compatibility

I have been using 3.0 for a while now (since it is listed as “stable”).  But then I read one of the posts in which it was recommended to use 3.1 (rc).  So since I am getting ready to change servers, I though I would take the opportunity to upgrade versions as well.

However, I could not find a compatibility matrix.  I did find the requirement of Java 1.5 or above.

I am currently using:

	Cayenne: 3.0
	Java: 1.7
	MySQL 5.1

I plan to change to

	Cayenne: 3.1
	Java: 1.7
	MySQL 5.6

First: is this reasonable?  Second, is there a version matrix at cayenne.apache.org I can peruse?  Third, what is recommended for stability and performance?  I presume I need a minimum Tomcat memory allocation (the last recommendation I recall was: “as much as possible” :) )

Thanks,
Joe

Re: Version Compatibility

Posted by John Huss <jo...@gmail.com>.
The version of MySQL depends only on your JDBC driver, it doesn't matter to
cayenne (well, it shouldn't).

Tomcat is completely unrelated too.  But "as much as possible" is a bad
recommendation.

So the Java version is all that matters, and like you said 3.1 requires
Java 1.5+