Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by slide ganesh <sl...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/29 22:12:54 UTC

Filenames with # not encoded properly

Hi all,

I have a scenario where one of the repository filenames contains # in
it. (Filenames with # are usually allowed in most systems).

Slide does not encodes the file path properly. I traced the problem
and found that the error occurs in the 'WebdavResources.java' file.
The method where the wrong encoding occurs is pasted below:

 public Enumeration propfindMethod(int depth, Vector properties)
        throws HttpException, IOException {

        thisResource = true;
        return propfindMethod(httpURL.getPath(), depth, properties);
 }

Example: The actual file URL is 'slide/files/file#name.xml'.  However,
the httpURL.getPath() returns 'slide/files/file'.

I understand that this error is originating in
'org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpURL'. However we can have a
mechanism to properly encode the path.

I am new to this mailing list. Any feedback on this issue is very much
appreciated.

Thank you,
Ganesh

Re: Filenames with # not encoded properly

Posted by slide ganesh <sl...@gmail.com>.
Yes. The file with the # has been created. So, it writes the file but fails
when it tries to find the file. It is because slide decodes the path
incorrectly.
 Example: The actual file URL is 'slide/files/file#name.xml'. However, slide
tries to look for 'slide/files/file' which the httpURL.getPath() returns
after decoding the path incorrectly.
 Thanks,
Ganesh
    I am using IE but, I also tried firefox which throws the same error.

Posted by Jacob Lund <jl...@qualiware.net>.
sorry - not webfolders. Just internet explorer does not encode # correctly
when written in the URL.

/jacob

Posted by slide ganesh <sl...@gmail.com>.
Jacob: