Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org> on 1997/09/02 07:57:54 UTC

Re: Gee1 I want.... I'd like to see.... (fwd)

On Wed, 27 Aug 1997, Christof Damian wrote:

> The next step would be an API to do auth with a db and runtime options
> that are the same for all databases.

Ian Kluft proposed a more modular approach to auth back when we started
the 2.0 discussions after 1.2.0 was released.  His suggestion boils down
to having modules which don't do HTTP-things, but do lookup-things.  So
then we'd have a mod_auth, and configure it to ask mod_lookup_mysql to do
the lookup.

The result is far far far less duplicated effort.

Dean