Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Reko Turja <re...@liukuma.net> on 2016/05/16 09:14:44 UTC

[users@httpd] Strange recurring line in errorlog

Dear Apache experts;

I have a recurring line appearing in my error log:

Host: not found

Now and then the line appears every few seconds and then it might not
appear in a good while. Strange thing is, that there is no [tag] or
timestamp or anything else attached.

Server is FBSD 10.3 running 2.4.latest with PHP 5.6.latest in php-fpm
mode.
Otherwise the modules etc. are pretty standard and minimal.

Any clues for finding the root cause for the line would be nice.

Reko Turja

Re: [users@httpd] Strange recurring line in errorlog

Posted by Reko Turja <re...@liukuma.net>.
Nick Kew kirjoitti 16.5.2016 13:00:
> On Mon, 2016-05-16 at 12:14 +0300, Reko Turja wrote:
>> Dear Apache experts;
>>
>> I have a recurring line appearing in my error log:
>>
>> Host: not found
>
> Without the normal timestamp/severity/etc?

Yes, exactly - just the notification above.

> That'll be some script writing to stderr, which is
> diverted into the error log.

Thanks a lot Nick! I think I've found the culprit
although the forensics work has to wait until later today.

-Reko

Re: [users@httpd] Strange recurring line in errorlog

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.

--