Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by aidy lewis <ai...@googlemail.com> on 2007/06/15 12:17:59 UTC

HTML assertions

Hi,

Is it good idea to include HTML assertions on each response? As I have
been adding variables, and when I send an invalid username and
password, I do not receive any errors, but I am repeatedly getting the
login page returned.

Cheers

Aidy

RE: HTML assertions

Posted by Matthew Coventon <ma...@iseinc.biz>.
As your test plan gets larger the HTML assertions could bog down JMeter.
What I do is, as I am developing the test plan, I run it with a View Tree
Listener and verify that everything is working.

If you want to add assertions in a few key spots that is probably a good
idea.  For example adding one so that you know you logged in successfully.
But adding them to all samplers is probably not recommended.

Regards,

Matt C.