Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de> on 2004/03/16 22:45:30 UTC

Re: [SOLVED] NullPointerException for FormValidatorAction ?

On 17.02.2004 14:19, Derek Hohls wrote:

> 2.     The  <map:parameter name="constraint-set" value="{2}" />
>        entry in the sitemap should be
>         <map:parameter name="validate-set" value="{2}" />
>       (which I think is confusing, considering the tag is called
> "constraint-set", but anyway....)

I have fixed the NPE in the CVS, now you will get at least an expressive
error message:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-cvs&m=107947310920651&w=4.

With this message I also want to raise the other issue on the dev list:
What about renaming the validate-set to constraint-set for consistency?
The descriptor contains a constraint-set element with validate child
elements, but in the sitemap the pointer to the constraint-set is named
validate-set. I would like to change this including a deprecation phase
for validate-set of course.

Joerg

Re: [SOLVED] NullPointerException for FormValidatorAction ?

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.
Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> On 17.02.2004 14:19, Derek Hohls wrote:
>
>> 2.     The  <map:parameter name="constraint-set" value="{2}" />
>>        entry in the sitemap should be
>>         <map:parameter name="validate-set" value="{2}" />
>>       (which I think is confusing, considering the tag is called
>> "constraint-set", but anyway....)
>

> I have fixed the NPE in the CVS, now you will get at least an
> expressive error message:
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-cvs&m=107947310920651&w=4.
>
> With this message I also want to raise the other issue on the dev
> list: What about renaming the validate-set to constraint-set for
> consistency? The descriptor contains a constraint-set element with
> validate child elements, but in the sitemap the pointer to the
> constraint-set is named validate-set. I would like to change this
> including a deprecation phase for validate-set of course.

No objections whatsoever.

Vadim