Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ryan julius <rj...@yahoo.fr> on 2005/02/19 15:30:11 UTC

Remote struts module interaction

Hi,
Our struts team have decided to separate the main java
/Struts application (/APP1) into 3 independant
modules, each deployed on its own host as follows:
1- (/webApp1, tomcat1, host1, port1) =>
http://host1:port1/webApp1  (Main entry point :
/webApp1/MainMenu.do)
2- (/webApp2, tomcat2, host2, port2) =>
http://host2:port2/webApp2 (entry point :
/webApp1/login.do)
3- (/webApp3, tomcat3, host3, port3) =>
http://host3:port3/webApp3 (entry point :
/webApp1/StartApp3.do)

We would like to open the login page of /webApp2 from
an action of /webApp1 (for example by clicking the
Menu item "openWebApp2" from /webApp1/MainMenu.do)

How can we do that?
How can one deploy struts modules on different Tomcat
Containers (by still maintaining interactions between
these modules).

Thanks In advance,

Best regards