Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by 齐保元 <qi...@126.com> on 2012/07/20 11:58:51 UTC

how does lucene deal with intersection?

hi,
       I have two collections:the first collection has documents like 'docID,content', and the other collection has documents like 'docID,ratings'.Is there any fast algorithm to get the intersection between these two collections after search? I canot merge the fields together for particular reasons.

Re: how does lucene deal with intersection?

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
Maybe query time join?

See http://www.searchworkings.org/blog/-/blogs/query-time-joining-in-lucene

Mike McCandless