Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Sundeep Reddy <su...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/05 13:29:33 UTC

Maven release:prepare

Hi All,

The maven release:prepare does the following things:

release: prepare – Performs a number of operations

   - Checks to make sure that there are no uncommitted changes.
   - Ensures that there are no SNAPSHOT dependencies in the POM file,
   - Changes the version of the application and removes SNAPSHOT from the
   version.  ie 1.0.3-SNAPSHOT becomes 1.0.3
   - Run project tests against modified POMs
   - Commit the modified POM
   - Tag the code in Subversion

   - Increment the version number and append SNAPSHOT.  ie 1.0.3 becomes
   1.0.4-SNAPSHOT
   - Commit modified POM

Is there way where we could skip the last 2 steps i,e increment of the
version number and appending the SNAPSHOT . In a way just want to convert
the snapshot to a release,no further development version.

Thanks

Sundeep

Re: Maven release:prepare

Posted by Michael Hüttermann <mi...@huettermann.net>.
 the trick for such scenarios is easy: don't use the release-plugin.

Re: AW: Maven release:prepare

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
Does the versions-maven-plugin happen to have a goal for you here?

Re: AW: Maven release:prepare

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
Hi,

AW: Maven release:prepare

Re: Maven release:prepare

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> Is there way where we could skip the last 2 steps i,e increment of the
> version number and appending the SNAPSHOT . In a way just want to convert
> the snapshot to a release,no further development version.

I am unaware of any such configuration of the plugin which would
permit this. But you could simply delete the unneeded pom file(s) from
SCM and you'd have the same end result, right?

Wayne