Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Norman Kubicek <N....@intershop.de> on 2009/12/14 09:51:54 UTC

JAXBRI binding stub generation fails with Axis2 v1.5 and IBM JDK 6.0

Hi,

I run into some problems generating binding classes for JAXBRI binding
with the following configuration:

- Axis 1.5
- JAXB-RI 2.1.11
- IBM JDK 6.0 for Windows32
  output of java -version is:

    IBM J9 VM (build 2.4, J2RE 1.6.0 IBM J9 2.4 Windows XP x86-32
jvmwi3260-20080415_18762 (JIT enabled, AOT enabled)
    J9VM - 20080415_018762_lHdSMr
    JIT  - r9_20080415_1520
    GC   - 20080415_AA)
    JCL  - 20080412_01)

When I execute wsdl2java tool to create the stub binding classes of my
schema I get the following exception:

Exception in thread "main"
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationException:
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
      at
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationEngine.generate(CodeGenerati
onEngine.java:271)
      at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.WSDL2Code.main(WSDL2Code.java:35)
      at org.apache.axis2.wsdl.WSDL2Java.main(WSDL2Java.java:24)
  Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException:
      at
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.extension.JAXBRIExtension.engage(JAXBRIExt
ension.java:112)
      at
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.CodeGenerationEngine.generate(CodeGenerati
onEngine.java:224)
      ... 2 more
      at
a:59)
      at
Impl.java:39)
      at
org.apache.axis2.wsdl.codegen.extension.JAXBRIExtension.engage(JAXBRIExt
ension.java:101)
      ... 3 more
  Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException:
Unable to generate code using jaxbri
      at
org.apache.axis2.jaxbri.CodeGenerationUtility.processSchemas(CodeGenerat
ionUtility.java:317)
      ... 8 more
  Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to generate code using
jaxbri
      at
org.apache.axis2.jaxbri.CodeGenerationUtility.processSchemas(CodeGenerat
ionUtility.java:209)
      ... 8 more

(I cannot reproduce this error with the SUN JDK 6.0_15 together with
JAXB-RI 2.1.11.)

Furthermore I tried to reproduce this behavior with the configuration
described above (IBM JDK) using the following WSDL files:
- Reproducible with the "Axis2SampleDocLit.wsdl" contained in Axis2 1.5
samples.
- Not reproducible with the WSDL file attached to the Axis2 Jira entry
#3556.

Are there any ideas, how this issue can be solved?

Many thanks in advance,
Norman Kubicek