Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com> on 2020/07/13 08:33:54 UTC

[discuss] Long term test in IoTDB code repo

Hi,

I am considering adding a module for long term test in IoTDB code repo.

Sometimes when we developing new features or improvements, we may consider
different aspects, e.g., the performance, the memory cost, the cpu cost
etc..
And, these test may need to be run for a long time to obverse the system
stability.

So, I think we can add a new module in our repo for doing that.
e.g., add a new profile called long-term-test, and only using `mvn -P
long-term-test` to run the test.

I can modify the maven pom file, but we also need add some
basic functionality, e.g., monitoring the memory cost, cpu cost and time
cost.

Notice,  we are using github.com/thulab/iotdb-benchmark for testing IoTDB
now.  this new module is not for replacing the benchmark.

Best,
-----------------------------------
Xiangdong Huang
School of Software, Tsinghua University

 黄向东
清华大学 软件学院

Re: Re: [discuss] Long term test in IoTDB code repo

Posted by "runhuster@foxmail.com" <ru...@foxmail.com>.
Just a proposal.

Like that we fetch the data of COVID-2019 and show them in the website of IoTDB.

We could run the rcs in this case for about one week or longer before release to confirm that the binary is ok.

Maybe we could use several different loads in the same time. Such as public data of weather, earthquake.

Thanks!

runhuster@foxmail.com

From: Xiangdong Huang
Date: 2020-07-16 16:25
To: dev
Subject: Re: [discuss] Long term test in IoTDB code repo
Hi ,

> I think we should have a sandbox to run the iotdb in long term write and
read too.

Yes. Do you have a detailed plan or idea?

Best,

runhuster@foxmail.com <ru...@foxmail.com> 于2020年7月13日周一 下午7:39写道:

Posted by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi ,