Posted to bcel-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Torsten Curdt <tc...@vafer.org> on 2003/11/17 09:06:33 UTC

Brakes

Dear Brakes team,

I like to congratulate you to this nice peace of software.
It's really sad to see there is no further development and
the project is being discontinued. [1]

Brakes seems to be first try to push java into the age of
continuations. The Apache Cocoon project [2] seems to be the
first open source project to push it in the web application
context.

Currently the Apache Cocoon project is using javascript based
continuations through a modified version of rhino. [3] There
are some first steps using Brakes and java continuations. [5]
I've upgraded the latest Brakes release to the current BCEL
HEAD branch and added some glue code. [4] So what we need would
be a new release of Brakes.

I am wondering if you -as the authors of this project- might
be willing to contribute your code. Either by moving it over
to e.g. sourceforge or make a donation to the ASF. By having
a public CVS we could resurrect the project and maybe create
a little community around it.

I think it would be worth a try...

Regards
--