Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org> on 2003/04/12 18:38:43 UTC

Syndicated project feeds

See http://jakarta.apache.org/site/news.html#20030412.1

If other projects become interested we could rearrange things a bit and
configure blojsom to work likes this:

nagoya.apache.org/news/jakarta/poi
nagoya.apache.org/news/jakarta/gump
nagoya.apache.org/news/avalon
\nagoya.apache.org/news/avalon/excalibur

etc.

I presently have a little webform to post with as well as the xmlrpc
stuff which I haven't ever found a good client that I could use for.
However it is probably also possible to set up a cvs module as blojsom
is text driven and even knows to ignore CVS* by default!

While there are other tools like forrest and maven which probably
provide you with some form of this (I don't know I'm speculating), I
find blojsom the most friendly/well written/etc.

Anyhow, I'm happy to cooperate if anyone else wants in.  It probably
makes more sense to have one instance (look at the architecture behind
blojsom before you react...you'll see what I mean) of the blojsom
servlet than 10.

The rationale behind blojsom is that its file based, lightweight, well
written and written in Java.  There are many other similar programs, but
this is the easiest to configure and maintain though it admittedly lacks
bells and whistles.  It uses Velocity and/or JSP  (we have it configured
for Velocity) for skins, so that could of course be modified.

Let me know..

Thanks,

Andy