Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by slipbits <sl...@slipbits.com> on 2021/03/25 15:26:52 UTC

Installing ccls on NB12.3

Win 7-64 OS

I'm trying to run a C/C++ project with NB. C/C++ plugin information
indicates that ccls needs to be installed, and ccls indicates LLVM needs
to be installed. I've installed LLVM but am having difficulty
downloading  ccls, I use Cygwin git vrs. 2.30.1. No variant of the POSIX
download command "git clone --depth=1 --recursive
https://github.com/MaskRay/ccls" seems to work. Don't know what to do
next. Anyone have a binary distribution available?

Re: Linker error in cpplite

Posted by Jan Lahoda <la...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

The cpplite project is fairly simple, and requires manual configuration of
build, clean and run commands. It then just runs these commands. So, to
ultimately fix this, I would suggest to open the Project Properties (select
the project in the Projects tab, right-click and select Properties), go to
the Build tab, and specify commands to build your project (possibly
something like `gcc -o test main.cpp`), and to run your project (possibly
something like an absolute path to the `test` executable - note that using
just `test` may not work, and it is possible the executable won't be found).

I have started a PR to fix cpplite to avoid the exception:
https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/2904

Thanks,
    Jan

Re: Linker error in cpplite

Posted by slipbits <sl...@slipbits.com>.
Hi Geertjan;

Re: Linker error in cpplite

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.

Re: Linker error in cpplite

Posted by slipbits <sl...@slipbits.com>.
Run->Build Main Project

Re: Linker error in cpplite

Posted by Michael Karrys <mi...@mac.com.INVALID>.
This looks familiar. Try this. In the Project pain select your project then right click and select Properties. Then select Run and put in your Main class.

MK

Re: Linker error in cpplite

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.

Linker error in cpplite