Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by ant elder <an...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/06 13:18:42 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release Tuscany SCA 2.0 RC1

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 12:51 PM, Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 12:49 PM, ant elder <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Ok, Wink 1.2 has been trough the voting process. I'll publish the
>>> artifacts and update Tuscany.
>>>

>> Ok i see you've done that now, I could spin a new RC but there hasn't
>> been much review of RC1 yet and there are still a bunch of issues that
>> Simon raised (i've fixed all the getting started samples). Is anyone
>> going to do any more reviews or fixes?
>>
>>   ...ant
>
> I still want to do more on RC1 (but am being very slow, sorry). Maybe
> we should set a deadline for doing RC2. Another couple of weeks?

Ok a few weeks have past now and there have been some updates and
fixes done. If i create a new RC would anyone vote for it now? Is
there anything else anyone thinks must be done still before they would
vote for the 2.0 release?

   ...ant

Re: [VOTE] Release Tuscany SCA 2.0 RC1

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 1:23 AM, ant elder <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 6:10 AM, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Sure ok, i had respun and started uploading a new RC yesterday but its
>>> fine to bin than and lets cut a new RC on Monday then.
>>>

>> Just FYI, I'm 95% done with the widget changes, just trying to make
>> sure some corner cases are handled properly. I should be checking in
>> the code late tonight or tomorrow.
>>

>  Its now next Wednesday, how are you doing with this? How much longer
> do you think you'll need? If i spin an RC without this would anyone
> review it? Has anyone reviewed the current state of trunk to see if
> its something they'd vote for in a 2.0 release?
>
>   ...ant

Sorry for the delay, I'm done with widget fixes (which now does not
depend on the binding.http directly) and made sure store sample is
working with the new changes. Let's get a new 2.0 RC out...

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

Re: [VOTE] Release Tuscany SCA 2.0 RC1

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 8:55 PM, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 4:18 AM, ant elder <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Ok a few weeks have past now and there have been some updates and
>> fixes done. If i create a new RC would anyone vote for it now? Is
>> there anything else anyone thinks must be done still before they would
>> vote for the 2.0 release?
>>
>>   ...ant
>
> I want to properly fix the Widget issues from trunk and would
> appreciate couple days. We could target cutting the new RC over the
> weekend or by Monday.

Sure ok, i had respun and started uploading a new RC yesterday but its
fine to bin than and lets cut a new RC on Monday then.

> Any other help you might need with that ?

Any help with reviewing the current state of trunk samples, builds etc
before Monday would be great.

   ...ant

Re: [VOTE] Release Tuscany SCA 2.0 RC1

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.