Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Kevin Heneghan <kh...@F5.com> on 2008/11/07 20:02:41 UTC

Adding additional authentication mechanism to a axis c client application

Hi,

   I am creating a SOAP/WS-management client to talk to an existing web
service.  The existing web service requires NTLM or Kerberos
authentication.  How do I plugin my authentication code to the axis
client to negotiate authentication at the HTTP level?

In detail.

 I have existing code that can do NTLM authentication in a share library
on linux.

 I have a SOAP/WS-management client that needs to utilize this library
to do NTLM authentication at the HTTP level.

 How do I put my code into the axis client to do the authentication?

Thanks

Kevin

RE: Adding additional authentication mechanism to a axis c client application

Posted by Manjula Peiris <ma...@wso2.com>.
A module can be used if your authentication mechanism is at SOAP level.
If it is an http level authentication mechanism you have to change
http_sender.c .

Posted by Kevin Heneghan <kh...@F5.com>.

Not familiar with NTLM. Is that a transport level auth mechanism or soap
level auth mechanism? AFAIK kerboros is a SOAP level auth mechanism. To

Posted by Supun Kamburugamuva <su...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "David Taylor (Lowell)" <dk...@F5.com>.

Posted by Supun Kamburugamuva <su...@gmail.com>.