Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by onno <on...@onnos.com> on 2003/09/01 12:55:13 UTC

Identity Problems.

Hiya!

We've been using OJB for quite some time now, and had no problems , but
recently the amount of people using it has increased and we get this error:

"Could not init Identity for given object class
x.form.CompanyPresentationBooking: Borrow broker from
pool failed"

I should tell you that the website running Tomcat shares the (mySQL)
database with
2 or more directly connected Java Clients.  My fellow developper has
suggested a problem with the Sequence Manager.

Maybe one of youz has encountered this message and knows where the problem
is likely to be - if we restart the website (Tomcat) the problem dissappear
for a bit but then returns after...

Onno

Re: Identity Problems.

Posted by Stefan Schlösser <ss...@intermediate.de>.
Armin Waibel wrote:

> If you have a PB-leak, make sure that after use all PB instances
> were closed (broker.close() call).

Hi,

I had the same problem/error message and sure enough there was a leak. I
implemented a counter of instances each time I borrowed a connection and
monitored that regularly using an extra thread ... it gave the clue ....

With each borrow I always include

finally{
             releaseBroker(broker);
         }

Which calls my own method to release it and update the counter. This
ensures close even if an exception occurs.

Never had any problems since (we have something like 20-30 concurrent
users).

Cheers,
  Stefan

Re: Identity Problems.

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@code-au-lait.de>.
Please, can you post the whole stack trace
to make things clearer?

Armin
Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@code-au-lait.de>.
Hi Onno,