Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Nikolay Kabadjov <ni...@yahoo.com> on 2013/09/19 14:28:46 UTC

"errortext": "Unable to create a deployment for VM[User|test53]"

Hello,
when I tried to deploy 100 VM at once I've got only 14 of them successfully deployed.
For the jobs of the rest I've got the folloing error code:
{
"queryasyncjobresultresponse": {
"accountid": "20427bfa-1971-11e3-b487-005056a04c9e",
"userid": "2043cdd5-1971-11e3-b487-005056a04c9e",
"cmd": "org.apache.cloudstack.api.command.user.vm.DeployVMCmd",
"jobstatus": 2,
"jobprocstatus": 0,
"jobresultcode": 530,
"jobresulttype": "object",
"jobresult": {
"errorcode": 533,
"errortext": "Unable to create a deployment for VM[User|test53]"
},
"created": "2013-09-19T13:21:54+0200",
"jobid": "ded32163-87d3-404f-b1cd-3c7242452b8f"
}
}

Any idea how could I find out the root cause of this failure?

Thanks and best Regards,
Niki

Re: Install/Setup

Posted by motty cruz <mo...@gmail.com>.
Hello,
Have you read this guide? is really simple
http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.1.1/html/Admin_Guide/about-physical-networks.html

I installed it a couple of times, not expert but if you run into any
trouble I will be happy to help a long the way.
-Motty

Re: Install/Setup

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
Good point.
That may be a minor point that the instructor can work with or not!

I would be happy with local storage for the workshop since I am pretty
sure that it is easy to add storage later but I have never done it so.....

Ron

--
Ron Wheeler
President

Re: Install/Setup

Posted by Clay Tyler <cl...@fonetglobal.com>.
Shanker,

 Good catch!

Thanks (Dhan'yavāda),

Clay

Ref:
http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.1.1/html-single/Installation_Guide/index.html#sys-require-secondary-storage
http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.1.1/html-single/Installation_Guide/index.html#sys-require-primary-storage

Posted by Shanker Balan <sh...@shapeblue.com>.

Re: Install/Setup

Re: Install/Setup

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.

Install/Setup

Re: "errortext": "Unable to create a deployment for VM[User|test53]"

Posted by Kirk Jantzer <ki...@gmail.com>.
As Daan suggested, check your management server log. Per a previous thread
you started, you only have 6 hosts - do you have enough resources for 100
VMs?

Regards,

Kirk Jantzer
http://about.me/kirkjantzer