Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Martin van den Bemt <mv...@apache.org> on 2006/12/18 01:18:28 UTC

Board reports.

Hi everyone,

The official way board reports should be handled has 2 parts : 1 part that is edited by the the
committers (= the people who know best about there projects) and after that the VP can add his
personal notes to the report.
So starting from now I would like to see that people add the things they want in the report to this
page :
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta/JakartaBoardReport-March2007

Some things need to be in the board report :

- New committers
- New PMC Members
- Releases (under the release section at the top) and a more detailed explenation of the release
under the project section (not too detailed please, a summary will do).

Besides that I would also like to see feedback for individual commons components (in proper).
Especially interesting is the developer involvement and the user list interaction over the last 3
months.

If you want to share anything else that you think is important for the board to know, please do so
at above page.

Thanx for your help :)

Mvgr,
Martin

PS There are more subprojects with subprojects, besides commons, though eg Taglibs has only 2 or 3
components with activity. I leave that to the respective projects to decide if a distinction in
subprojects is needed, although it would be appreciated that you at least identify that there are
subprojects in your projects.