Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by JAGANADH G <ja...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/07 16:02:27 UTC

Incremental training with Mahout Classifier

Dear All

Is it possible to train the Mahout classifier in an incremental way.
For exampel
Train 100 Document in day 1
Add 10 more documents in day 2

Also is it possible to store the training data to some database ?

--
**********************************
JAGANADH G

Re: Incremental training with Mahout Classifier

Posted by JAGANADH G <ja...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 7:38 PM, Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The gradient descent based learners will do this.  These are not in trunk
> yet, but should be soon.  THere is a logistic regression and SVM
> implementation in progress.
>
> See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAHOUT-228  I should put up a
> new
> patch some time today.
>
> Dear Ted Dunning

Thanks for the info .
I tried implementing a classifier based on Mahout BayesClassifier .
Now I have to do incremental training.
I will wait till the gsd relases to make the experiment
--

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.