Posted to dev@johnzon.apache.org by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com> on 2023/01/12 23:07:25 UTC

Jakarta EE 10 compatibility

Hi,

I branched Johnzon 1.2.x into a maintenance branch so we can do maintenance
releases. And I moved master to jakarta namespace and the Jakarta EE 10
API. It builds without any issues now.

The next step was to add the TCK execution directly in the project so we
can follow the progress and know when we break something. The current
status is

[ERROR] Tests run: 295, Failures: 28, Errors: 8, Skipped: 5

I did spend some time doing quick wins and fixing quick things. I did not
dig into the list of 29 remaining failures; If you guys have some time to
help, here is the PR with the setup. Everyone should be able to contribute
and push.

https://github.com/apache/johnzon/pull/98

--
Jean-Louis Monteiro
http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro

Re: Jakarta EE 10 compatibility

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi JL,

AFAIK it is mainly about the adjustments we talked about earlier
(polymorphism, null vs jsonbnillable, ...) so guess we can switch it on
master even if it fails cause it is literally what we need to fix to be
compliant and we'll not release without it anyway a v2 and at the same time
release a 1.2.x from the branch (if it helps to merge earlier).

Romain Manni-Bucau