Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Nitin Agarwal <ag...@apar.com> on 2001/12/13 07:05:48 UTC

Diffrent appenders for each Priority

I want to use diffrent appenders for each priority for the Root Category.
For example I want three Apeenders for Root Category say A1, A2 and A3

I want to log all the DEBUG messages into a file debug.log
All the Info messages into another file info.log
and all the error messages into error.log.

I can do that with specifing each appender as FileAppender and its output to
diffrent files.
And I can also use the Threshold property to diffrentiate the output file.

But the problem is my debug.log will contain all the messages for DEBUG,INFO
and ERROR.
I just want all the DEBUG messages to be logged into debug.log.
Similarly info.log will contain messages for INFO and ERROR priorities only
as Thershold is set to INFO.
But I want to log only INFO messages into info.log not the messages with
ERROR priority.

If you need anyother info regarding my question, feel free to ask.

Thanks.
Nitin