Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Sergey Olefir <so...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/01 13:19:43 UTC

How to specify codebase for applet?

Hi,

in our application we need to make use of an applet. For the size and
logistics reasons I don't want to package the required applet jars
inside Java packages (that is unlike e.g. images and css that we do
package together with the components).

So, say, I'll package the jars under 'applet' web folder so that they
are web-accessible via http://server/context-path/applet/jar1.jar etc.

Now I don't want to hardcore context-path into the markup file, so I
don't want to simply write in HTML:
<applet codebase="/context-path/applet" code="Applet"
	archive="jar1.jar,jar2.jar"
	name="Applet"

You need Java support to run this applet.
</applet>

What do I need to write so that codebase refers to the proper folder
regardless of the chosen context-path? (folder name inside the
context-path will still be the same)

Thanks in advance!

Re: How to specify codebase for applet?

Posted by Sergey Olefir <so...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the pointer, I was able to solve my problem with this information.

However I had to roll my own versions of ContextImage and
ContextPathGenerator -- because the ones supplied with Wicket appear to be
hardcoded to use 'src' attribute.

Maybe generic versions that are able to manipulate specified attribute
should be included in Wicket distribution?

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.

On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 1:19 PM, Sergey Olefir <so...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in our application we need to make use of an applet. For the size and
> logistics reasons I don't want to package the required applet jars
> inside Java packages (that is unlike e.g. images and css that we do
> package together with the components).
>
> So, say, I'll package the jars under 'applet' web folder so that they
> are web-accessible via http://server/context-path/applet/jar1.jar etc.
>
> Now I don't want to hardcore context-path into the markup file, so I
> don't want to simply write in HTML:
> <applet codebase="/context-path/applet" code="Applet"
>        archive="jar1.jar,jar2.jar"
>        name="Applet"
>        >
> You need Java support to run this applet.
> </applet>
>

> What do I need to write so that codebase refers to the proper folder
> regardless of the chosen context-path? (folder name inside the
> context-path will still be the same)
>
> Thanks in advance!

Apache Wicket 1.4 increases type safety for web applications
Get it now: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/1.4.4