Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/25 03:46:30 UTC

How to debug the installation of new component

I try to add one new component to ambari, but the installation stuck there.
I'd like to check what's going on ? Is there any log that I can check ?
Thanks

--
Best Regards

Jeff Zhang

Re: How to debug the installation of new component

Posted by Gautam Borad <gb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jeff, start by looking at the following logs:
*/var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.log* (on Ambari Server node) and
*/var/log/ambari-agent/ambari-agent.log *(on the Agent node where the
component is being installed)

Generally its a good idea to sprinkle your agent code with logs. You can do
something like this:

from resource_management.core.logger import Logger
Logger.info("Your message here");

On Fri, Mar 25, 2016 at 8:16 AM, Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I try to add one new component to ambari, but the installation stuck there.
> I'd like to check what's going on ? Is there any log that I can check ?
> Thanks
>
> --
> Best Regards
>
> Jeff Zhang