Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Barath Kumar <v....@gmail.com> on 2004/12/07 10:43:21 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache not getting properly shutdown in Windows

Hi,

I am using Apache 2.0.47 on Windows 2000 + SP3 and I face the
following issue with it:

I start the Apache server from the apache home directory using the
following command:

bin\apache -d . -f conf\httpd.conf

The apache gets started successfully.

Now I try to shut down the apache server from the apache home
directory using the following command:

bin\ShutdownApache logs\httpd.pid

Even after executing the above command, the apache is not getting shut
down. I tried a number of times, but the apache is not getting shut
down.

Have anyone faced this problem on windows?. If yes, do tell me on how
to resolve this issue.

Regards,
Barath Kumar.

Re: [users@httpd] Apache not getting properly shutdown in Windows

Posted by Eimantas Vaičiūnas <ei...@sc.vu.lt>.
On Tuesday 07 December 2004 11:43, Barath Kumar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using Apache 2.0.47 on Windows 2000 + SP3 and I face the
> following issue with it:
>
> I start the Apache server from the apache home directory using the
> following command:
>
> bin\apache -d . -f conf\httpd.conf
>
> The apache gets started successfully.
>
> Now I try to shut down the apache server from the apache home
> directory using the following command:
>
> bin\ShutdownApache logs\httpd.pid
>
> Even after executing the above command, the apache is not getting shut
> down. I tried a number of times, but the apache is not getting shut
> down.
>
> Have anyone faced this problem on windows?. If yes, do tell me on how
> to resolve this issue.
I suggest you installing apache as a service.
--
Eimantas Vaičiūnas
VU Skaičiavimo centras

Re: [users@httpd] Apache not getting properly shutdown in Windows

Posted by Aman Raheja <ar...@techquotes.com>.
This is just one of the fruits of using Windows - there's nothing wrong
with apache.
Have apache installed as service or else use CTr+Alt+Del ato go to tasks
and "End process"

Aman Raheja