Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Victor Turansky <vi...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/27 15:39:50 UTC

Apache BlazeDS default configuration files [License]

Adobe BlazeDS default configuration files was licensed under LGPL v.3.
- messaging-config.xml
- proxy-config.xml
- remoting-config.xml
- services-config.xml

Is Apache BlazeDS default configuration published or described anywhere?
Could I create and distribute custom configuration without license
restrictions/problems?

Thanks.

AW: Apache BlazeDS default configuration files [License]

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi,

well actually none are in the release ... the two last ones are in the source package, but they belong to the test resources and are not contained in the actual jars that make up blazeds.

I don't think it's a good idea to have default config files in there. Web applications are all different and you have to configure blazeds according to your usage. I would agree if we provided a tournkey-war-distribution this would contain the 4 files, but shipping default configs for blazeds would be sort of like shipping sample pom files for maven ... doesn't really make sense from my part.

Chris

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Apache BlazeDS is licensed under Apache License 2.0.  Many consider that
less restrictive than LGPL.  We cannot give legal advice, so you may need
to consult a lawyer.

-Alex