Posted to dev@deltacloud.apache.org by Ilkka Tengvall <il...@cybercom.com> on 2013/12/02 14:44:12 UTC

personality working in deltacloud openstack driver?

Hi,

I noticed the deltacloud has support for openstack personality [1].
Deltacloud should be able to inject the given files into openstack
instance. By skimming the code it looks like it should read value pairs
like path1='server_path1' and content1='contents1' [2] [3].

I get the files to appear, but they are empty. I tried providing file
name as such, and the content as base64 encoded string like this:

$ echo "hello world file"|base64 -w 0
aGVsbG8gd29ybGQgZmlsZQo=

curl -is -X POST ... \
   -F "path1=/etc/my_file1" -F "content1=aGVsbG8gd29ybGQgZmlsZQo="  \
   ${DC_API_URL}/instances

Any idea why doesn't the file get content, but is of size zero?

$ ls -la /etc/my_file1
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 Dec  2 14:51 /etc/my_file1

[1]
http://docs.openstack.org/api/openstack-compute/2/content/Server_Personality-d1e2543.html
[2] around line 200:
https://github.com/apache/deltacloud/blob/master/server/lib/deltacloud/drivers/openstack/openstack_driver.rb#L203