Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Sanjeev Verma <sa...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/27 15:38:58 UTC

DrillBits Communication

Hi

Can somebody help me to get some documentation  regarding how drillbit
communicate with the other drillbits in the cluster and also how user do
interact with the drillbit.

Thanks
Sanjeev

Re: DrillBits Communication

Posted by Rajkumar Singh <rs...@maprtech.com>.
Bitcom allows one drillbit to communicate with the other, it basically decide client and server drillbits based on the who  has initiated the connection.Please start looking at BitCom.java and BitComImpl.java to know more about it.

Rajkumar Singh
MapR Technologies

Posted by Rajkumar Singh <rs...@maprtech.com>.

Posted by Kristine Hahn <kh...@maprtech.com>.

> With respect to user interacting with drillbit, the following documentation
> will give you some idea.
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DRILL/Drill+Interfaces

Correction: The cwiki site is obsolete. Here's the latest Drill interfaces
docs:

http://drill.apache.org/docs/odbc-jdbc-interfaces/

Kristine Hahn
Sr. Technical Writer