Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Morten Wilken <Mo...@steria.dk> on 2002/11/26 14:37:02 UTC

strange behaviour

hi all,
we are in the process of integrating log4j in a weblogic 5.1 application.

we are using the propertyconfigurator and the configureAndWatch() to setup
watchdog , but we have obsered some strange behaviour.

if we specify a classname in a logger ie:

log4j.logger.com.domain.package.Class=debug

we get a ClassCastException when we try to use a class with logging in it.

however, if we set it to

log4j.logger.com.domain.package=debug

when we start, and later on change it to

log4j.logger.com.domain.package.Class=debug

it logs just fine.

is this a known error or has anybody expeirienced anything like it?

sincerely
morten wilken

appender inheritence

Posted by Yan Zhu <ya...@infinity-insurance.com>.
any way to specify all common properties in the parent appender, for example
com.a

and then inherit/overrid all that in the child like

com.a.b

to reduce repeting the same info?

thx

yan