Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by dotbit <do...@office.lampero.ro> on 2011/11/20 12:58:41 UTC

duplicate lead/account/contact owner relationship in SFA

Hello, this is my first post to the ofbiz comunity, so if I am missing some steps please do be kind. I saw no jira issue for this. I use ofbiz-trunk-2011-11-18-v1203776.

To me it makes more sense that each lead/account/contact should have a sole owner (account manager).
The SFA Find{Lead,Account,Contact} view currently shows an "Assign to me" button in case the currently logged in user does not have an owner relationsip with the lead, even if someone else does.
In case someone else does have an owner relationship with the lead/account/contact and the "Assign to me" button is clicked the currently logged in user gets an owner relationship as well, without the old one being removed, meaning that now there are two owners.

In my oppinion what needs to be done is to either change the old owner relationship, or delete it and create a new one if the user has permision to take a lead from its previous owner. This permission should be separate from the permission required to create new leads. Also own leads should be modifiable with one permission, and another permission should be required to change other's leads, perhaps the same one that is required to take ownership of a lead.

I know that we need to be closing issues rather than opening them, but I think this is rather simple to fix, and in case the comunity things its a good idea I could work on it.

Hoping to hear your oppinions,
Dimitrios Moustos

Re: duplicate lead/account/contact owner relationship in SFA

Posted by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com>.
Hi Dimitros

SFA is a work in progress, i am trying to use it myself, however not in
a group of sales persons yet....
If would like to improve the application you are very welcome!

The suggestion you describe below look pretty reasonable...

Regards,
Hans