Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Mykola Ostapchuk <my...@sympatico.ca> on 2003/06/26 22:49:03 UTC

bean:write Problem

Hello,

I have a problem displaying data with bean:write tag. I simply want to show
the list of users.
UserVO has property userCountry of type CountryVO.
I populate bean "allUsers" and put it into request.

On jsp page:

<logic:iterate id="users" name="allUsers" scope="request"
type="com.iprs.web.users.UsersVO">
     <bean:write name="users" property="userName"/>
     <bean:write name="users" property="userCountry.countryId"/>
     <bean:write name="users" property="userCountry.countryName"/>
</logic:iterate>

When I'm only browsing this list - everything works OK! But after
inserting/updating a user, "userCountry.countryName" property displays
nothing on newly inserted/updated record.

It's strange, because "userCountry.countryId" property always shows current
country ID.
I have to restart web server in order to see updated "countryName"...

For sure I'm not putting "allUsers" bean into session/application, just
request.

Any help will be very appreciated!