Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org> on 2002/09/13 00:52:29 UTC

Re: ASF policy statements

On Thu, Sep 12, 2002 at 10:54:10AM -0400, Dale Ghent wrote:
> It would be nice if the ASF policies regarding code donations (be it a
> 2-line patch or a whole suite such as E-K) were posted publicly. The
> policy page can cover the process for accepting, privelages (if any) that
> may result, as well as the general policy on being granted developer
> commit access to the repository.

Hehe... imagine that. We're talking about this exact thing right now :-)

In fact, I'm hoping that we nail down some kind of mechanism for this since
the ASF Board is meeting next Wednesday. I hope to discuss it there and come
out of the meeting with forward motion on a better way to handle future code
donations.

Cheers,
-g

--