Posted to dev@ratis.apache.org by Tsz Wo Sze <sz...@apache.org> on 2022/05/20 07:52:50 UTC

Planning for 3.0.0

Hi dev,

2.x.x have been around for more than a year.  How about we start working on
3.0.0 so that we can have incompatible changes?  One of the motivations is
to merge https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RATIS-1391 "Update library
dropwizard.metrics version to 4.x" since dropwizard.metrics is incompatible
between 3.x and 4.x.

What do you think?

Regards,
Tsz-Wo

Re: Planning for 3.0.0

Posted by Tsz Wo Sze <sz...@gmail.com>.
Just created branch-2 for 2.4.0-SNAPSHOT and set the version of the master
branch to 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT.

> will we start working on some important and  advanced feature in the
new master branch? Eg. linearizable follower read

Sure.  Indeed, if a new feature is NOT an incompatible change, we may add
it to branch-2.

Tsz-Wo

Re: Planning for 3.0.0

Posted by jackson yao <ja...@apache.org>.