Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by jarias <ja...@ujaen.es> on 2011/01/13 11:20:59 UTC

Problem closing a connection

Hello, I have one problem with HttpClient class. I am using this class to
connect to webdav repository. I do the task in the server.
After do it, the connection is open. I have tried to call this function:

_httpClient.getHttpConnectionManager().closeIdleConnections(0);

but  the connection does not close. I think is beacause this connection is
not idle yet.

Could anybody help me?

I have written the code I am using, it gets dav properties of a resource:

           HttpClient _httpClient = new HttpClient();
            Credentials creds = new UsernamePasswordCredentials("user",
"pass");
            _httpClient.getState().setCredentials(AuthScope.ANY, creds);

           DavMethod pFind = new PropFindMethod("",
DavConstants.PROPFIND_ALL_PROP,

DavConstants.DEPTH_INFINITY);
            _httpClient.executeMethod(pFind);
            MultiStatus multiStatus = pFind.getResponseBodyAsMultiStatus();

            DavPropertySet props =
multiStatus.getResponses()[0].getProperties(200);
            Collection<DefaultDavProperty> propertyColl =
props.getContent();
            pFind.releaseConnection();

            _httpClient.getHttpConnectionManager().closeIdleConnections(0);

Thank you in advance.