Posted to dev@onami.apache.org by Jordan Zimmerman <jz...@netflix.com> on 2013/03/13 20:40:19 UTC

Can stage site

When I try to stage the site I get this error:

ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:3.2:stage (default-cli) on project org.apache.onami.parent: Missing site information in the distribution management of the project Apache Onami (org.apache.onami:org.apache.onami.parent:4-incubating-SNAPSHOT) -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[

Any ideas?

Re: Can stage site

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
On 14/03/2013 20:09, Simone Tripodi wrote:
>> Curator is going to be using git. But, I imagine the principles are the same.
>
> while git as SCM is ok for whatever project sources, CMS & SvnPubSub
> for sites are enabled for SVN only - you'll have to checkin the site
> on SVN anyway

Yep, even if your src are in git, you will still need svn for site
publication:

- Option 1: only svnpubsub: allow you to run mvn site and copy/commit
the generated site in the svn repo. mvn scm-plugin is just a wrapper
that checkout the svn site repo in a local folder, copy the generated
pages to that folder, and commits it in svn. Once committed, the site is
automatically pushed via svnpusbub on the live Internet site.

- Option 2: use the apache cms. Under the hood, I think it also uses
svnpubsub. You win online page edition (rich editor), kind of workflow
to approve a change. You loose mvn site generation.

Thx, Eric

Re: Can stage site

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
Hi Jordan,

feel free to push it so everybody can see it online and review it :)

For lifecycle you'll have to use the sh script to upload the site -
feel free to ping me if in trouble!

All the best,
-Simo

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
http://www.99soft.org/

Re: Can stage site

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com>.

Re: Can stage site

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.

Re: Can stage site

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com>.

Re: Can stage site

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.

Re: Can stage site

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com>.

Re: Can stage site

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com>.
As I haven't done that yet it will be good practice. I'll get on it.

Re: Can stage site

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com>.
I guess I'm not in the right LDAP groups to do releases?

-JZ

Re: Can stage site

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
For Nexus, should we open a JIRA for INFRA?
Before doing this, we need to be sure that this is the issue.

Thx, Eric

Re: Can stage site

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
Salut mon ami,

> Giving access to others for James project, I didn't have to take any special
> action on apcvs and maven group on people.apache.org, so I think this is not
> needed.

that is a be a mistake I made when publishing the site, I copied that
page from maven and looks like I didn't polish it - my bad, please
apologize!

> However, I think I have never tried this being as simple committer, but
> always as PMC member. Could it be the cause?

I don't know, we don't have an `onami` group - looks like we are
subject of an experiment here at the ASF - and that could be the
reason! I am sending an email to repository@ guys, which are friendly,
to see how to give people enough karma to deploy.

Thanks, have a nice weekend!
-Simo

Re: Can stage site

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.

Re: Can stage site

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com>.
No love:

Re: Can stage site

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com>.
Yeah - I was trying to deploy the snapshot artifacts for lifecycle. My settings are correct. However, there is a note:

	You also need to be a member of the group apcvs and maven on people.apache.org.

I don't believe I'm a member of those groups.

Re: Can stage site

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
Hi mate,

[1] http://onami.incubator.apache.org/committers/maven-settings.html

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
http://www.99soft.org/

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 6:57 PM, Jordan Zimmerman

Re: Can stage site

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com>.

Re: Can stage site

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
Salut mon ami!

Re: Can stage site

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
Thx Simo,

Re: Can stage site

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
Salut mon ami,

Re: Can stage site

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
@Simo

Any other doc than [1] to use the scm-plugin?

I must have missed something, if I remember well a few months ago, we
were not using the maven-scm-publish-plugin?

When the doc for OnamiSuite will be added, what is the policy? Anyone
can deploy at any time, or this must be coordinated and achieved by a
single person?

@Jordan

Apache infrastructure provides a CMS (online editing of pages with rich
editor...). If you go this way, you won't be able to easily publish and
manage you maven generated site with the CMS.

The other way, using the maven-scm-publish-plugin (with Svnpubsub for
publication) will not allow online modification of the pages and you
need to run maven for any change.

 From my understanding, you can't have both (site generation with maven
+ online edition with CMS). There is a choice to made there.

Thx, Eric

Re: Can stage site

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com>.
Thanks!