Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org> on 2003/08/10 18:56:49 UTC

[VOTE] New committer: Eric Carmichael

I'd like to nominate Eric Carmichael as a committer on the Tomcat
project. Eric has been steadily supplying quality patches to the new
Jasper which will implement the JSP 2.0 specification, and has helped
fix outstanding bug reports. He plans to continue contributing in the
future.

He has my +1.

Remy

Re: [VOTE] New committer: Eric Carmichael

Posted by Eric Carmichael <ec...@alumni.rice.edu>.
> +1, welcome on board

Thanks, happy to be here.

> If he like Xerces, he can jump on that side too ;-)
> -- Jeanfrancois

I'm going to stick to Tomcat 5/Jasper 2 while there are still bugs there
that I can do something about.  After that, well, Xerces can't be any less
glamorous than SMAPping....

Finally, while I have the floor, I'd like to ask for guidance on Bugzilla
#21390, which has been pending longer than any of the other Tomcat 5/Jasper
2 bugs.  It can be fixed in two very different ways, and I don't know which
way is the right way.  I've written the spec folks to ask for clarification,
but I haven't had a response, so I'm hoping someone on this list can direct
me.

Eric

Re: [VOTE] New committer: Eric Carmichael

Posted by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org>.
Remy Maucherat a écrit :

> I'd like to nominate Eric Carmichael as a committer on the Tomcat
> project. Eric has been steadily supplying quality patches to the new
> Jasper which will implement the JSP 2.0 specification, and has helped
> fix outstanding bug reports. He plans to continue contributing in the
> future.
>
> He has my +1.

+1, welcome on board

Better now than never ;)

Re: [VOTE] New committer: Eric Carmichael

Posted by Jan Luehe <Ja...@Sun.COM>.
+1. I second what Kin-Man said. :)

Jan

Posted by Jean-Francois Arcand <jf...@apache.org>.
+1.

Posted by Jean-Francois Arcand <jf...@apache.org>.
+1.

Posted by Jan Luehe <Ja...@Sun.COM>.
+1. I second what Kin-Man said. :)

Jan

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
+1 (If more votes are still needed)

-Tim

Re: [VOTE] New committer: Eric Carmichael

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.