Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Miriam Aguirre <Mi...@ssa.co.santa-clara.ca.us> on 2003/10/16 20:42:57 UTC

enctype set to multipart/form-data loses session

 Hi All,

 I've come across a struts oddity.. in an struts form designed to upload a
file, i set the enctype="multipart/form-data". When a user does not use
cookies iplanet tacks on two parameters to all requests to keep track of the
session info. Like so (in the resulting html) :

 <form name="attachmentForm" method="POST"
action="/NASApp/aps/do/insertAttachment"
enctype="multipart/form-data"><INPUT NAME="GXHC_JSESSIONID" TYPE="HIDDEN"
VALUE="874980042677005326" ></INPUT>

 However, for some reason, when the request reaches the action, the session
is new (and therefore not authenticated). This is not happening with any of
our countless other struts forms.. only this one. Has anyone come across
this ?

 We are using struts 1.0.2 and iPlanet Application Server 6.5. Is there a
work-around ?

 Thanks!
 -Miriam