Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org> on 2001/09/05 13:58:06 UTC

Re: Repost -- tomcat-4.0-b7 startup failure (can't find org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnector)

"Clifford Lang" <cl...@ematic.com> wrote:

> Still no responses.  Does this mean no one else has had this problem?

Exactly...

> How
> can I track it down?  Is there something in my CLASSPATH, JAVA_HOME that is
> messing this up?

Nope... CLASSPATH is completely ignored by the startup scripts...

> Please help - I need to get this running and have wiped-out/re-installed
> TC4.0-b7 several times.

Apparently, there's something you're doing all the times that freaks the toy
out...

Craig, any idea on why this could be happening?

    Pier

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Wed, 5 Sep 2001, Pier Fumagalli wrote:

> Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2001 12:58:06 +0100
> From: Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>
> To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Repost -- tomcat-4.0-b7 startup failure (can't find
>     org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnector)
>
> "Clifford Lang" <cl...@ematic.com> wrote:
>
> > Still no responses.  Does this mean no one else has had this problem?
>
> Exactly...
>
> > How
> > can I track it down?  Is there something in my CLASSPATH, JAVA_HOME that is
> > messing this up?
>
> Nope... CLASSPATH is completely ignored by the startup scripts...
>
> > Please help - I need to get this running and have wiped-out/re-installed
> > TC4.0-b7 several times.
>
> Apparently, there's something you're doing all the times that freaks the toy
> out...
>
> Craig, any idea on why this could be happening?

Are you actually trying to use the J2EE 1.3-beta-2 server?

The version of Tomcat built in to the J2EE 1.3-beta-2 server does *not*
support running behind Apache -- it only runs stand alone.  Also, if you
are using this server, you don't need the stand-alone Tomcat distribution
at all, because the servlet container is built in to the J2EE server, and
defaults to non-SSL service on port 8000.

>     Pier

Craig