Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Olivier Richaud <ol...@yahoo.com> on 2001/02/13 01:18:08 UTC

RE: Upgrading to 1.8.2 : problems with XSP Processor [MORE PRECISIONS]

I read previous posts and I noticed that other people
ahd the same problems. From what I understood, there
seems to be a conflict between Cocoon and any JDK 1.3.
Let me know if I'm wrong.
If this is the case, has anybody found a workaround?
I cannot change my JDK since we are committed to using
JDK 1.3.

Olivier.

_____________________________________
Olivier Richaud
E-FB2
WWW : http://www.efb2.com
Posted by Olivier Richaud <ol...@yahoo.com>.
> Forgive the lack of Linux knowledge, but is wrapper.classpath the same as
> the CLASSPATH variable in Windows?  I deleted the system CLASSPATH

wrapper.classpath is a property in the configuration file of JServ, a
servlet engine.

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Tue, 13 Feb 2001, Olivier Richaud wrote:

> > try losing your existing cocoon.properties and installing the one that
> > comes with cocoon-1.8.2
>
> Are there some significant changes between 1.8.0 and 1.8.2?

not that i can think of in cocoon.properties, except for the addition of
esql.xsl, but since you've got something weird happening with validation,
and there's a setting in cocoon.properties that deals with that, why not
try it?

- donald

RE: Upgrading to 1.8.2 : problems with XSP Processor [MORE PRECISIONS]

Posted by Olivier Richaud <ol...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.

Posted by Olivier Richaud <ol...@yahoo.com>.

_____________________________________
Olivier Richaud
E-FB2
WWW : http://www.efb2.com
> On Tue, 13 Feb 2001, Olivier Richaud wrote:
>
> > I read previous posts and I noticed that other pople
> > ahd the same problems. From what I understood, there
> > seems to be a conflict between Cocoon and any JDK 1.3.
> > Let me know if I'm wrong.
>
> you are wrong. i use cocoon-1.8.2 with jdk-1.3. your problem seems to be
> with extraneous (dom1) classes in your servlet engine's classpath.

Could you let me know your classpath? I could check mine and see what's
wrong with my configuration. By the way, what JDK/platform are you using?
Personnally : Linux + Sun JDK1.3.

I don't think my servlet engin is at fault. I saw Cocoon/Xerces complaining
that a feature is not supported. This occurred at init time and it dealt
with
validation.

Nevertheless, thanks for your help.

Olivier.