Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Matt Yackley <sa...@yackley.org> on 2005/12/23 20:06:37 UTC

Re: sender-valid SMTP callbacks (Re: Does "tuxorama.com" sound fa miliar to anyone?)

François Conil said:
snip

> it's kinda easy with  postfix :
> http://www-personal.umich.edu/~malth/gaptuning/postfix/
>
> I strongly advise to run it manually instead of via cron, since if the
> exchange server sh*t itself, the exchange_recipients list will contains
> nothing and all mails will be bounced :/

Hi François,

I'm running my update via cron, but fearing the same issue I wrote a little shell
script that calls the getadsmtp.pl script, after it creates the new list I do a line
count on the new file and make sure it contains a minimum number (12000) of entries.
 If the file does not contain the required number of lines, then it shoots an email
off to warn me that there were issues with the update and stops leaving the old
postmapped file in place.  If the required number of lines are in the file then it
goes ahead and does a postmap on the raw file.

Yeah, if it mangles the contents of the file somehow I will have problems, but I
figure that most likely won't happen.  This script has worked great for me and saved
me once or twice in the last several months when the export failed.  Plus I don't
have to know whenever someone is hired or a new list, user, etc. has been created.

Cheers,
matt